First you need to understand what blackheads are. Blackheads form when hair follicles on the skin get clogged with excess oil and dead skin cells. Your body produces oil through hair follicles to moisturize and protect the skin and releases it on the surface. When oil builds up, it pools to collect dirt and dead skin cells. If not washed off, the oil falls back into the pore and forms a clog known as a comedone. When a comedone has an opening at the surface, it appears darker; this is a blackhead. Using a home remedy of gelatin and milk creates a sticky compound capable of pulling out the clog and freeing the pore.
(If you want to see this in action, minus the Oil, check out Michelle Phan's tutorial here.)
Ingredients (as pictured above):
1 1/2 tbsp. Milk (Whatever type you prefer)
1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
2-3 drops of Vitamin E oil (Optional)
1. Mix milk and Gelatin into small bowl.
2. Microwave for 10 seconds.
3. Dip your fingers into the bowl, and coat your face with the gelatin.
4. Leave the gelatin mask on your nose, t-zone, cheeks or chin for 20 minutes or until it dries completely. The mask will feel stiff when dried.
5. Pull the mask off. As the gelatin comes off the skin, it will take the dirt, dead skin cells and clogs with it.
6. Rinse your face well, pat dry and follow with a moisturizer. If you would like, smear on a tiny layer of Vitamin E oil on your face. Vitamin E is supposed to make a good natural anti-oxidant for the skin, and its good for lightening scars, acne marks and fine lines.