Acne is a broad term covering blemishes, pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads and can be very disturbing. Even though acne is more known to be a problem amongst teenagers, this condition can strike at any age.
Before you start any pimple remedy, you must be sure that the acne is not caused due to an allergic reaction to any food or cosmetics. The cure could otherwise have an adverse effect on the acne.
Your skin is unique and different from everyone else's and therefore you should remember that what works for someone else might not work for you and vice versa. Therefore, it would be advisable if you try out the different methods beforehand to know which one suits you.
Maintain a routine by:
- Get good sleep. Stress increases your skin's oiliness, which, combined with sweat and dirt, can clog pores and cause pimples. (Change your pillowcase frequently.)
- Go to the store and get Cortizone 10. It will help stop acne.
- Stop popping the spots.
- Remove dead skin cells regularly by exfoliating.
- Use a good toner.
- Bacteria in pores is one cause of spots. Reduce the amount of bacteria by using toners containing anti-bacterial agents like alcohol, peroxide and benzalkonium chloride, and by using creams that contain benzoyl peroxide.
- Cleaning the skin is an essential part of curing pimples and the cleaning needs special care when you need to cure pimples overnight. If you wash your face with a soap enriched with aloe vera it can help you immensely.
- Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly speed up the healing of acne lesions.
- Ice down the acne before bed, by morning it should be noticeably less swollen. Works best on larger pimples that have not yet formed a head.
- Try the Proactiv treatment.
- I also used Cosmetic Warrior mask followed by Enzymion moisturizer from Lush to clean my skin.
- I am currently trying a small tube that i purchased at Sephora called Murad Acne Spot Treatment and it seems to work just fine for me.